Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jason's first day skiing!

Over Christmas break, after our San Francisco adventures, Jason and I met up with my family in Park Cit, UT for some skiing and cuddling up by a fire. Every year, my family goes skiing at the famous Deer Valley Resort.  This place is amazing and my absolute favorite place to ski...Jason and I have never gone here together before, however, because he snowboards.  Being a skiers-only resort, Jason had to learn how to ski in order to come with us!  He was such a trooper though and was so willing to jump on some skis and learn.  My dad is an awesome teacher when it comes to skiing, so I knew that Jason was going to learn in no time!


I had no idea how fast he'd learn though!  I can honestly say, I have never seen such a natural in my life.  Jason took one ride down the bunny slope and looked like someone who's been skiing for years!  After a few more runs down harder slopes, he was a pro and was keeping up with the rest of the family, all of whom have been skiing for years!  He was amazing...and I'm not just saying that because he's my husband, he really was!  My dad kept looking at me and saying, "I cannot believe this guy.  I have never seen someone who's picked this up this fast!  Amazing!"  I was dying.  It wasn't long after this point that he was following my brother through winding trees and jumping over small bumps.  My husband, the fearless.

 Skiing out of it like a pro!

My little brother jamming down the slope... he's really good.  He beats me down a hill every time without even trying...little punk.

Daddy skiing away...




 Mom and Dad getting ready for the day!






You might be wondering, "Where are you in all these pictures Maddie?"  Well, I will tell you.  I am not one who is very fond of the snow.  On the slopes, I tend to be so bundled up that you can hardly see any of my face at all.  Like in the picture below...all you see is my chin and mouth...yup not the most attractive thing I've ever seen. Therefore, I prefer to stay behind the lens on these little trips :)


This was such a fun trip!  I am so proud of Jason and his mad skills!  For his first day of skiing, he is pretty dang amazing! I think that maybe, I might have converted Jason over to skiing from now on...just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment