Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cha cha cha changes

Hello there friends! The past two weeks have been crazy, to say the least.  I started a new job two weeks ago as a Behavior Interventionist and Jason started another semester of school.  After the first day of work, I knew that I was not going to be happy with the position that I held.  I tried really hard to have a positive attitude about the job, but by Friday of that first week, I knew that I had to start searching for a new job.  I know what you're thinking, how could you quit a job after only one week?  Well, it was either I find a new job that I could be somewhat happy in or I stay at my current job and remain in misery day in and day out with a plastered fake smile on my face.  I just knew there was another job out there for me and I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to look for it.

Fast-forward to this past Tuesday: I'm searching on Craigslist and found a property manager job.  I skipped over it and kept looking for something in the education department, but it's Rexburg, ID...there is nothing out here!  So, I decided to just apply for the property manager job and see what happened. That night I got a call from the current manager to set up an interview for the next day.  On Wednesday I went in for the interview, rocked it, and felt like I definitely wanted that job.  Yesterday, I got the offer from the company and by last night I had all the paperwork signed and the keys to our new apartment!  Today I quit my other job and I start this new one on Monday!

Crazy right?  And completely unexpected...me, property manager?  What?  However, Jason and I feel so good about this decision and after we saw the apartment we were going to move into, there was no way we could say no!  So here is the offer we got from this job:  Free rent, utilities, and a salary on top of it with ways to get bonuses as well!  Since I have to live on site for the apartment complex I am managing, this means Jason and I get to live in a two story town home for free!  This place is awesome!  It has the biggest kitchen I have ever seen in an apartment, a pantry (for those who have seen our current apartment, this is a huge deal), two rooms just for storage, two bedrooms, a walk in closet that is big enough to be a room for a small child, all utilities included, a specialized parking spot and access to all the facilities the complex offers including the weight room, theater room, game room, etc.

Needless to say, Jason and I feel so very blessed that we were able to find this new job.  The Lord truly works in mysterious ways and I think that I needed to hate the job I currently had in order to apply for the job I got. Ultimately, we have yet again, been looked out for and we couldn't be happier.  So now it's time to move...I hate moving.  No, I loathe moving.  We have thirty days to get out of our current apartment, so I think that we will take our time moving things over little by little so that the process isn't so miserable :)


4 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys! I definitely need to come hang out with you guys and visit some time, You guys are awesome and definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new career path and your new apartment. Can't wait to see it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddie! That is seriously awesome! Managing is a great gig. You'll love it and will be great at it!!

    ReplyDelete